Sydney FC surged five points clear in first with a thoroughly professional 1-0 away win over Adelaide United on Friday night.
Here are the key facts and stats from a tight tussle at Coopers Stadium.
- Sydney made 21 passes into the final third during the first half. The last time they made less was (20) away to Western Sydney Wanderers in January 2016.
- Adelaide have now won one of their last eight home games when they’ve been scoreless at the break (W1, D1, L6).
- The Sky Blues haven’t lost any of their last seven away games when leading at the break (W6, D1).
- Bobô’s goal was Sydney’s first before half-time in an away game in five matches and his 22nd Hyundai A-League goal overall.
- The Reds have only won two of their last eight home games against opposition from NSW (W2, D1, L5).
- Sydney have only lost two of their last 18 away games (W12, D3, L3).
- Buijs was distribution was near impeccable, attempting 44 passes for 93.2% passing accuracy.
The Sky Blues were at there defensive best, limiting Adelaide to only one shot on target throughout the match.
Sydney FC’s pressing game was a huge factor in the win. Attacked Adrian Mierzejewski won all tackles involved in (4/4), majority of duels (12/19) and had two interceptions.
Sydney FC peppered the Adelaide goal, putting attempting 30 crosses and 11 shots across the 90 minutes.