Sydney FC Record Second Consecutive Win

Sydney FC 3 (Wood 11’, Burgess 28’, Buhagiar 59’) def. Macarthur FC 0

Sydney FC have recorded their second consecutive win with a classy display to defeat Macarthur FC 3-0 in Campbelltown with goals from Pat Wood, Max Burgess and Trent Buhagiar.

Moments That Mattered: 

NOONE SCUFFS CROSS BAR – 5’ – Noone picks up the ball around 25 yards out and shoots and the ball glances off the top of the post.

WOOD GOAL – 11’ – Retre plays a superb ball through to Burgess in the box, he turns towards goal and crosses to Wood at the far post to tap in.

KING SHOT – 26’ – Joel King picks up the ball on the edge of the box unleashes a shot towards the top corner but the keeper holds.

BURGESS GOAL – 28’ – Buhagiar intercepts a pass and sprints down the right hand side before crossing to Burgess on the back post who drills the ball home.

BURGESS HEADS WIDE – 54’ – Caceres releases Buhagiar on the wide right and he floats the ball into the centre for Burgess who puts his header wide.

BUHAGIAR GOAL – 59’ – Wood picks up the ball wide left and drives to the byline and crosses through a sea of legs to Buhagiar who side foots home.

BUHAGIAR SHOT – 63’ – Redmayne with a long pass out of his hands sends Buhagiar clear with his pace and he cuts inside to shoot but it’s saved down low by Suman.

What They Said: Steve Corica:

“From start to finish we were on top, it’s very pleasing to see a lot of young boys do well.

“Our attackers stood out tonight with a few players out. They created goals and assists and it gives not only myself but everyone a lot of confidence.

“We know the quality that we have at the club but it’s great to see some of the young players step up tonight.

“I think tonight shows that we have a lot of depth, our young players produced the goods and stepped up tonight.”

Sydney FC have moved into the top half of the Isuzu Ute A-League outclassing Macarthur FC 3-0 on their own patch.

The Sky Blues took the lead in the 11th minute with a well worked goal with Retre finding Burgess inside the box and the Bondi boy got to the byline and drilled a cross to Wood to finish from close range.

Sydney FC increased their lead just before the half hour when Buhagiar used his extreme pace to burst down the right hand wing and pull the ball back to Burgess waiting on an angle to drill the ball home.

A thoroughly professional performance was rounded off in the second half when Buhagiar slotted the ball home after a fabulous run and cross from Wood.

Sydney FC: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE, 2. James DONACHIE, 4. Alex WILKINSON (3. Ben WARLAND 87’), 8. Paulo RETRE, 11. Trent BUHAGIAR (24. Corey HOLLMAN 86’), 16. Joel KING, 17. Anthony CACERES, 22. Max BURGESS (21. Harry VAN DER SAAG 67’), 23. Rhyan GRANT (10. Milos NINKOVIC 76’), 32. Patrick YAZBEK, 33. Patrick WOOD (31. Adrian SEGECIC 76’).

Unused Subs: 20. Tom HEWARD-BELLE (GK), 35. Liam MCGING.

Yellow Cards: Van der Saag 71’,

Red Cards: None.

Macarthur FC: 1. Nicholas SUMAN (GK), 4. James MEREDITH (6. Aleksandar JOVANOVIC 76’), 7. Daniel DA SILVA, 11. Thomas OAR (22. Liam ROSE 76’), 14.  Moudi NAJJAR, 17. Craig NOONE ©, 20. Tomislav USKOK, 21. Jake HOLLMAN (8. Jordon MUTCH 57’), 23. Adrian MARIAPPA, 24. Kokola M’MOMBWA (19. Michael RUHS 67’), 31. Lachlan ROSE.

Subs: 40. Levi KAYE (GK), 2. Jake MCGING, 29. Antonis MARTIS.

Yellow Cards: None

Red Cards: None

Venue: Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

Referee: Kurt Ams.