We are recruiting for the exciting role of Foundation Manager.
Sydney FC Foundation is the philanthropic heart of Sydney FC and emulates its core values. Our mission is to positively impact the lives of youth and our Sky Blue Community, now and into the future, one pass at a time.
The successful candidate will lead the Foundation’s financial and social impact objectives. This role will require a seasoned fundraiser experienced at generating income through a plethora of income streams, included but not limited to sponsorships, philanthropic donations, events, campaigns, and successful applications to private, government and club grants. It also requires the holder to be able to manage and develop relationships with stakeholders that lead to relationships growing year on year.
To be considered for this role, you will have experience in not only being able to lead the foundation to its financial objectives but also in program creation and management to achieve its social impact objectives.
The Sydney FC Foundation manager will also manage the Foundation’s All Abilities Programs Officer and share line management responsibility of Sydney FC’s Female Pathways Manager.
The ideal candidate is an impact driven individual, looking to make a
positive impact on people’s lives through their work and understands the powerful role sport has to play in achieving that impact.
To be considered for this role, the candidate should have:
- experience managing commercial partnership programs (preferably in a sporting environment);
- strong marketing understanding and skills relating to both client and rights holder sides;
- excellent time management and the ability to juggle a range of initiatives at the same time; and
- the capacity to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders required to drive the respective Partnerships.
This role will have the following key responsibilities:
- Set strategy for Establishing relationships with and providing an exceptional level of bespoke stewardship to existing and
prospective Foundation donors, sponsors, coterie members, and partners including frequent dialogue and facilitation of recognition opportunities.
- Identifying social need areas that the Foundation could and should be having a positive impact
- Income and expenditure budget management for the Foundation
- Lead on creating new and maintaining existing various income streams for the Foundation that include sponsorships, philanthropy, events, campaigns, and grant applications.
- Management of all public communications regarding the Foundation activities including responsibility for preparing campaign materials, producing a detailed annual report and managing Foundation’s social media accounts
- Management of new and existing community programs and initiatives including charity deliverables and Sydney FC delivered programs that form part of the Sydney FC Foundation
- Management of a broad range of bespoke events that include an annual fundraising dinner for up to 400 people, golf days and race days. Includes end to end event management, scripting run sheets, theming and communicating event requirements to all stakeholders
- Lead in procuring new sources of funding to drive the Sydney FC Foundation forward including, but not limited to applying for appropriate Government and private grants that align with the Foundation’s objectives
- Write partnership and sponsorship proposals to attract new partners and renew existing partners
- Manage administrative tasks relating to the Sydney FC Foundation’s board, including preparation of papers, agenda setting alongside Foundation Board Chair and minute taking
- Identify fundraising campaigns for Foundation to engage wide range of stakeholders with across the season
- Coordinate and deliver on Sydney FC charity partnerships with
Beyond Blue, Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation and Football United
- Line management of Sydney FC Foundation All Abilities Programs Officer and Sydney FC Female Pathways Manager
- Responsibility for the success of the Foundation community programs with young females and people with a disability
- Assist with ad hoc tasks and projects as directed by Head of Commercial
- At least 2+ years’ experience in fundraising/partnership management and donor stewardship
- Community program creation/development and management
- Strong relationship management/donor stewardship skills
- Proactive fundraiser with an ability to identify growth areas in
new and existing income streams
- Team player that wants to see the collective succeed
- Passion for social impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence peers/partners without creating conflict
- Tenacity, resilience and persistence to achieve objectives
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities while achieving Foundation and partnership objectives
- Ability to manage budgets, report on financial positions, forecast and make links between strategic and operational plans
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and CRM tools
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and ability to work under pressure on a variety of tasks
- A flexible attitude to working hours, dates and delivery
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- Permanent Full-time position.
- Competitive remuneration – commensurate with experience
- A flexible working environment
- A rare chance to work at a leading sports club
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Long-term career with stability and security
To be considered for this role your must be Australian resident or able to work in Australia.
Please submit a one-page cover letter that addresses:
- Why you are the ideal person for the role
- Why you want to join our team
Send the cover letter along with a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Applications should be a maximum of three pages, including cover letter, and less than 5MB in size.
Applications close 12pm Friday 7 December 2023