SIS50321 Diploma of Sport + BSB50120 Diploma of Business
The new Sydney FC Sport & Business Program is designed to give you the opportunity to study in a practical, hands-on learning environment, and gain real experience in the sports industry working alongside Sydney FC.
The one-year, dual-diploma program, delivered and assessed by SEDA Group (SEDA), will develop skills and knowledge across a variety of areas including sponsorship, project and event management, talent identification, social media and marketing. You will connect and learn from Sydney FC’s sports industry experts, coaches and our elite players. You will also gain insight into the business elements involved in running a successful football club.
Students will have the opportunity to study a curriculum matched to their interests, complete a practical placement, run major projects, and participate in Football-specific high-performance activities – all designed to further develop your skills and experience.
Upon successful completion, you will have the opportunity to move into further study with one of our SEDA’s higher education providers, or transition into the workforce, equipped with the knowledge and attributes for a successful future. You can expect to:
- Gain an understanding of what it is like to work across different roles in the sports industry
- Connect with Sydney FC staff in roles including management, marketing, administration, events and gain access to Sydney FC players and coaches.
- Provide Match day assistance at home games
- Experience coaching and officiating at Sydney FC’s Holiday Clinics
Want to get an indepth view of the program? Sign up for our Virtual Information Session, date to be confirmed.
INTAKE & DURATION
- January 2023 intake
- The Diploma has a 36-week duration
- Dual-Diploma program comprising the SIS50319 Diploma of Sport, and the BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- Program includes specialisations in Sport Development and Coaching, in addition to the requirements to satisfy the SISSS00116 High Performance Coach skill set
- Four (4) days of face-to-face training and assessment, inclusive of facilitated online delivery for some subject areas
- An opportunity to participate in up to 80 hours of practical placement in industry
- High-performance athlete development sessions, supported by the team at Sydney FC
- Access to industry-leading facilities to complete practical sessions
*Qualifications subject to change
Sydney FC has partnered with SEDA Group as the leader in applied learning in the sport industry. The partnership allows students to gain industry recognised qualifications and unique insights into football and sports industry experts. For more information, contact:
- 1300 777 332
*Sydney FC provides marketing and promotional services on behalf of SEDA Group (RTO Provider: 22503) relating to the recruitment of prospective students for this program.