We are looking for a representative of both Sydney FC and the Central Regions – Eastern Suburbs and Football Canterbury Football Associations – to manage and deliver all partnered grassroot participation and fan engagement programs within the Inner West & Eastern Suburbs regions.
The role sits between Sydney FC Football Canterbury and Eastern Suburbs Football Association to drive a daily link between game participants and the A-Leagues in the region.
To be considered for this role you will have experience working with and running local grassroots programs and events, have the ability to juggle a range of initiatives at the same time, and the capacity to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive collaboration and benefit for both organisations. The ideal candidate also has an engaging personality, are flexible in working hours, dates and locations, and fast adapting in a high-paced environment
This role will have the following key responsibilities:
- Plan, market and deliver partnered holiday clinics each holiday period within the central region.
- Plan, market and deliver partnered programs each school term within the region.
- Deliver Coach Education sessions using Sydney FC philosophy to local club and association coaches
- Meet with and recruit new local club contacts for purpose of club ambassador programs
- Meet with and recruit new school and teacher contacts for delivery of sporting school’s programs, user paid programs and school gala days.
- Plan and drive A-Leagues match day experiences between local clubs, engaging as many participants as possible for the association’s match days.
- Plan, promote and deliver all ALM and ALW player appearances within the region providing year-round engagement.
- Promote and maximise involvement of association through experiences, ticket offers, sky blue shuttle and memberships for all local area Sydney FC content (ALM and ALW, pre-season matches).
- Promote and drive fan engagement programs for Sydney FC at key association delivered events (Summer Football, Gala Days, tournaments)
- Project manage new partnered programs and initiatives for benefit for region as directed.
IDEALLY YOU’LL HAVE
- Experience in similar position
- Grassroots, Skills Training and Game Training certifications
- Driver’s Licence
- Working with Children Check
- Coaching qualification of C-License or above
- First Aid certificate
- Tertiary qualification in sports administration/business
- Knowledge of both Inner West and Eastern Suburbs region and its football clubs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage with a broad variety of customer types, focusing on young kids and young families
- A strong relationship builder across a wide range of external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and the ability to work well under pressure on a variety of tasks
- Ability to contribute to team budgeting and forecasting, make links between strategic and operational plans, and possesses a good commercial acumen
- A flexible attitude to working hours, dates and delivery
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- Permanent Full-time position.
- Competitive remuneration – commensurate with experience
- A flexible working environment
- A rare chance to work at a leading sports club
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Long-term career with stability and security
To be considered for this role please submit a one-page cover letter that addresses:
- Why you are the ideal person for the role
- Why you want to join our team
Send the cover letter along with a copy of your CV to Programs@sydneyfc.com
Applications should be a maximum of three pages, including cover letter, and less than 5MB in size.
Applications close Sunday 20 August 2023