We are recruiting for the exciting role of Commercial Partnerships Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial at Sydney FC, you will manage the Commercial Partnerships across the Women’s, Men’s, and Academy teams, and in some instances, also the Sydney FC Foundation Program.
Sydney FC’s Commercial Partnerships are vital to our club being able to provide footballing entertainment to our fans, services to our community, pathways to future professionals, and careers for athletes and administrators alike. Sydney FC is one of the most successful sporting clubs in the country. It has a significant fan base and audience to provide our Partners with a premium opportunity to align themselves and achieve their marketing goals.
To be considered for this role, the candidate should have:
- experience managing commercial partnership programs (preferably in a sporting environment);
- strong marketing understanding and skills relating to both client and rights holder sides;
- excellent time management and the ability to juggle a range of initiatives at the same time; and
- the capacity to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders required to drive the respective Partnerships.
This role will have the following key responsibilities:
Existing Sydney FC Partners
- Own, manage, and foster the relationship between Sydney FC and Partners;
- Develop and implement objectives-based marketing and leveraging plans for each Partner;
- Manage all Partner contractual benefits with other Sydney FC departments, and the Partner, to ensure benefits are delivered;
- Provide reporting and measurement against each plan to ensure value and delivery achieved for each Partner;
- Timely Partner reporting (e.g., post relevant brand campaign and/or end of season) providing critical analysis and insights;
- Work with the Business Development Manager to process and manage all corporate hospitality sales;
- Work with the Sydney FC Foundation Manager to process and manage all respective Foundation benefits provided to a Partner;
- Work with relevant Sydney FC departments to manage applicable Partner match day assets, including but not limited to, signage uploads, signage run sheet, ticketing allocation & distribution, social media postings, marketing communications, events & functions etc;
- Work with relevant Sydney FC departments to manage applicable Partner non-match day assets, including but not limited to, social media postings, marketing communications, player appearances, events, functions, etc;
- Identify new opportunities for both Sydney FC and Partners across assets, other Partners (B2B), and Sydney FC departments;
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial in negotiation & renewal discussions, and drafting of contracts, with all Partners; and
- Management and ownership of the commercial servicing budget.
- Prepare new business presentations;
- Lead new Partner onboarding processes and integration within Sydney FC channels and departments; and
- Advise relevant Sydney FC departments of deliverables in new potential contracts (e.g., player appearances, social media postings, stadium LED signage rotations, corporate hospitality, etc) and assist in the process for leveraging ideation.
- Work with and assist the Business Development Manager and the Sydney FC Foundation Manager to achieve collective commercial and club goals; and
- Other duties as reasonably expected by the role and/or reasonably requested by the Head of Commercial.
- Relationship management skills;
- Strong marketing knowledge and skills;
- A team player that wants to see the collective succeed;
- Passion for sport and/or sports management;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to influence peers/clients without creating conflict;
- Tenacity, resilience and persistence to achieve objectives;
- A strong relationship builder across a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to contribute to team budgeting and forecasting, make links between strategic and operational plans, and possesses a good commercial acumen;
- Excellent technical ability with Microsoft Programs (Excel, PowerPoint etc), Salesforce, and other IT programs as required from time to time;
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and the ability to work well under pressure on a variety of tasks; and
- A flexible attitude to working hours, dates and delivery.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- Permanent Full-time position.
- Competitive remuneration – commensurate with experience
- A flexible working environment
- A rare chance to work at a leading sports club
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Long-term career with stability and security
To be considered for this role please submit a one-page cover letter that addresses:
- Why you are the ideal person for the role
- Why you want to join our team
Send the cover letter along with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be a maximum of three pages, including cover letter, and less than 5MB in size.
Applications close Sunday 19 August 2023