We are looking for a highly capable Social Media and Digital Content Manager to lead a team of talented content producers.
The newly created role will be tasked with increasing Sydney FC’s social media presence and delivering our content strategy as we return to the Allianz Stadium in October 2022.
Highly-organised with a track record of generating new content ideas that extend our reach and engagement, the successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of social media publishing and the ability to write website and E-newsletter copy in a fast moving environment.
A proven experience of developing and delivering an engaging content calendar will be viewed as an advantage during the interview process.
This role will have the following key responsibilities:
- Develop and own the multi-channel media content calendar
- Concept, plan, and publish social and digital content across all channels in line with a strategy to grow, engage and service our audience
- Lead production of content and build strong briefs for all video and GFX creative
- Lead weekly content planning meetings and communicate outcomes across the business
- Oversee Content Producers’ workflow to ensure delivery of outcomes in line with the content calendar
- Research and implement social media trends effectively across Sydney FC’s social channels
- Build relationships with coaching staff and players to ensure delivery of engaging social content
- Ensure all content adheres to Sydney FC’s brand and values
- Craft compelling copy for social posts and Sydneyfc.com that drives engagement
- Create E-newsletters that engage, inform and convert with exclusive Sydney FC content.
- Report on results against KPIs across all channels and create reporting as required for the commercial team.
- Analyse data and generate insights and recommendations on social media strategy
- Recognise commercial opportunities for partners
- Mentor and support Content Producers
- Work with stakeholders to help Sydney FC achieve objectives across the business
- Respond and engage with Members & supporters on our social channels
IDEALLY YOU’LL HAVE
- Over 5 year’s experience in Social Media management with a proven track record of achieving strategic objectives.
- Experience of developing and delivering content calendars
- Knowledge of using CMS systems & Google Analytics
- Experience in managing digital channels and platforms
- Solid understanding and experience in content development
- Experienced in managing projects simultaneously and being able to prioritise work flows for multiple stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write in an engaging and authentic style
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Strong planning and organisational ability
- A current Drivers Licence and personal transport
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish, nurture and influence positive relationships with internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Attention to detail in editing written work.
- A passion for the sport with a knowledge of Australian football
- Willingness to work outside business hours when required
- Excellent time management skills
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- Permanent Full-time position.
- Competitive remuneration – commensurate with experience
- A flexible working environment
- A rare chance to work at a leading sports club
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- Long-term career with stability and security
To be considered for this role please submit a one-page cover letter that addresses:
- Why you are the ideal person for the role
- Why you want to join our team
- How you have increased reach & engagement in a previous role
Send the cover letter along with a copy of your CV to Marketing@sydneyfc.com
Applications should be a maximum of four pages, including cover letter, and less than 5MB in size.
Applications close Friday 17 June 2022