Sydney FC produced a 30-minute masterclass to overwhelm Melbourne on Australia Day and register a long-awaited win at AAMI Park.
Catch up with the key facts and stats from the Sky Blues’ superb 3-1 success.
- Sydney’s triumph was their first ever against Victory at AAMI Park, having suffered two defeats and two draws in their previous four attempts.
- With his brace, Bobô moved to 18 goals for the season and surpassed Marco Janko’s club record of 16 in a single Hyundai A-League campaign.
- Besart Berisha’s goal was his 11th against Sydney and 18th penalty in the competition.
- Sydney have now scored a league-high 11 goals in the final 15 minutes of matches, one more than Newcastle Jets.
- They also top the league for second half goals with 24.
- Sydney have now won nine of their last 12 away games, losing one.
- Victory, in contrast, have only won three of their past nine at home.
AFC Champions League Memberships are now available! Purchase yours and be at Sydney Football Stadium for our three blockbuster Group Stage clashes as we go on our #QuestToBeTheBest! Click here to secure your seats.