Arnold Calls For European Atmosphere


Sydney FC Head Coach Graham Arnold has called for the fans to create a European atmosphere on Sunday when the Sky Blues face the defending Hyundai A-League Champions at Allianz Stadium (kick off 5pm).

While Arnold talked up the Roar’s squad he was quick to point out that his attention is firmly on his own side as he re-iterated his faith in his teams’ abilities to continue their undefeated streak in 2015, with a record equalling ninth match unbeaten on the cards.

“I think the fans have a huge role to play in what we’re trying to do,” Arnold said.

“When the fans get behind us at Allianz like they have been doing, they are like a 12th player to us and we need all the support that we can get.

“Allianz is my favourite stadium in the country and when you get a good crowd in there it’s equivalent to a European atmosphere.

“Brisbane have got some quality players in Broich and Matt McKay and Henrique is always dangerous,” he continued.

“We’re extremely confident in our own ability and we don’t look too much at the opposition, we only focus on them 20% and the other 80% is about us.

“The biggest opposition for us is ourselves so as long as we go out there with the right mentality and the right attitude then I have the utmost confidence in our ability to get the job done.”

Further records are set to fall on Sunday, with marquee Marc Janko in line to set a new milestone for goals scored in consecutive games, and Arnold is confident that if the team carry out their assigned roles then Janko will have his name recorded in the annals for the Hyundai A-League.

“I thought we performed well last week defensively against Newcastle,” Arnold said.

“It’s not just about the back four, it’s about defending from the front and what we’re doing in the front half of the field so the most important thing is everyone understands their roles.

“Marc is on a great role of late and I’m sure he wants to continue it but at the moment we have to concentrate on the team performance and make sure our structures are good and that we play to the game plan.

“If all that comes to fruition then Marc can get the record he wants.”

Sydney FC take on Brisbane Roar at Allianz Stadium on Sunday 15 March. Be at Allianz Stadium to see new records created. Purchase your tickets today or become a Member and ensure you don’t miss a moment of action this season.

Sydney FC’s next home game is against Brisbane Roar on Sunday 15th March at Allianz Stadium (kick off 5pm). Purchase tickets today or become a Member and ensure you don’t miss a moment of Hyundai A-League action by heading to www.ticketek.com.au/sydneyfc